What is Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme | Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme | PKCC Scheme | ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND FISHERIES | Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme
The Indian Government has introduced several schemes for the welfare of farmers and their families. One such scheme is the Pashu Kisan Credit Card (PKCC) scheme, which aims to provide financial assistance to farmers for the purchase of various inputs related to animal husbandry. In this article, we will discuss the features, benefits, and eligibility criteria of the PKCC scheme.
The Highlight of What is Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme|
|Type of plan||Loan Scheme of Central Govt|
|Beneficiary||Eligible breeders of the country|
|objective||To provide financial facilities to herdsmen|
|Official website link||Click…|
What is the Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme?
The Pashu Kisan Credit Card scheme is a government-sponsored initiative launched in 2020. The objective of this scheme is to provide affordable credit to farmers involved in animal husbandry activities. The PKCC scheme is an extension of the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) scheme, which provides credit to farmers for agricultural activities.
Under the PKCC scheme, farmers can avail of credit for the purchase of inputs such as animal feed, medicines, equipment, and insurance coverage for their animals. This scheme aims to improve the financial status of farmers engaged in animal husbandry activities and boost their income.
Features of the Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme
The PKCC scheme offers various features that make it an attractive proposition for farmers involved in animal husbandry activities. Here are some of the notable features of the scheme:
- Credit limit: The credit limit for the PKCC scheme is based on the borrower’s credit history and repayment capacity. The loan amount can range from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1,60,000.
- Interest rate: The interest rate for the PKCC scheme is 4% per annum, which is significantly lower than the prevailing market rates.
- Repayment tenure: The repayment tenure for the PKCC scheme ranges from one year to five years.
- Insurance cover: The PKCC scheme provides insurance cover for animals owned by the borrower. The insurance cover is for a period of three years and covers the animal’s death due to natural causes or accidental death.
- Online application: Farmers can apply for the PKCC scheme online through the government’s portal.
Benefits of the Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme
The PKCC scheme offers several benefits to farmers involved in animal husbandry activities. Here are some of the key benefits of the scheme:
- Financial assistance: The PKCC scheme provides financial assistance to farmers for the purchase of various inputs related to animal husbandry, which can improve their productivity and income.
- Low-interest rates: The scheme offers credit at a lower interest rate than the market rates, which makes it an attractive proposition for farmers.
- Insurance cover: The PKCC scheme provides insurance cover for the animals owned by the borrower, which can protect them against any loss due to accidental or natural causes.
- Flexibility in repayment: The scheme offers a flexible repayment tenure, which can ease the burden on farmers and help them manage their finances better.
Eligibility Criteria for the Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme
To be eligible for the PKCC scheme, a farmer must meet the following criteria:
- The farmer must be involved in animal husbandry activities such as dairy farming, poultry farming, sheep or goat rearing, etc.
- The farmer must have a Kisan Credit Card.
- The farmer must have a satisfactory credit history and repayment capacity.
- The farmer must provide proof of ownership of animals for which he/she is seeking credit.
The Pashu Kisan Credit Card scheme is a significant step towards improving the financial status of farmers involved in animal husbandry activities. The scheme offers affordable credit, insurance coverage, and flexible repayment options, which can help farmers improve their productivity and income. Eligible farmers can apply for the PKCC scheme online
|Bank Name||Official Website|
|State bank of india||sbi.co.in|
|Punjab Nation Bank||www.pnbindia.in|
|Bank of Baroda||www.bankofbaroda.in|
|Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank||https://www.shgb.co.in|
|Odisha Gramya Bank||https://odishabank.in|
|Bank of Maharashtra||https://www.bankofmaharashtra.in|